Camping Hotel Owens style! Check out this tent Eric bought for $80 off of Craigslist! It worked out perfectly! We put Abigail's pack n' play in one room and Savannah in the other! Our good friends like to "hang" and brought hammocks instead of tents. Lil Miss tried one out and by the looks on her face, can you tell she thought it was totally awesome! We did dutch oven style dinner and had fun hanging out while it cooked. This is kind of our last little hoorah before everyone moves. There are at least six families I can think of off the top of my head that are moving. We made sure we had fun this weekend!!
For all you wildlife lovers out there, this campsite...Shenandoah National Park...had tons of deer roaming around. The kids thought it was super cool to see them so up close! I wasn't a big fan of two of them racing through the bushes at two in the morning...that sure can unease your nerves! So, by the way, there were owls hootin and a tootin all night too. I don't consider myself a light sleeper but all those darn animals sure did know how to keep me up! I of course didn't help getting some Z's when I decided to stay up all night laughing around the campfire! Furthermore, not limiting the amount of sugar my daughter consumed didn't help her going to bed on time either. Hey, we're camping, gotta have fun!
Soooo, all the hard work I've been putting into losing baby weight was undone when I decided to practically inhale all things cobbler! It was SO good! It wasn't by accident I sat at the dessert table...all night. Hehe!
Nine families on a camping trip is recipe for awesomeness. Abigail was no stranger to fun either! Her and her friend Charlotte made darn sure they didn't miss out on the adventure just because they were babies! Why yes, that is a bow you see in her hair! You betchya! Even in the wilderness my kids are dressed to impress! It is something I enjoy I suppose...doing hair. Well, okay, so pulling aside a few strands of hair to clip in a mini-bow isn't technically doing hair but I have fun making my girlies look cute...not that they need my help in any way to check that box off!
The next day we packed a picnic lunch and went for a hike! Big sissy decided she doesn't get enough time with her two best friends, Noah and Allison and spent as much time with them as possible. How in the world am I going to tell this little girl she has to move away from them? Good thing she is social (like her mommy) and will make new friends quickly. The hike was to a little waterfall where the kids made no hesitation to rip off their shoes (and clothes for some!) to jump in the icy cold water. What on Earth made these kids jump into that water? I put my feet in and it was cold enough it felt painful. Big wuss! On our way out of the park we saw this cute cuddly little bear...yeah right! I'm just glad this picture was taken several miles away from where I decided to rest my head and eat my dinner.
My friend Cindy had already taken off before this picture was taken. Here is a moment where I wish I had some photoshopping skills because her sweet face would make this picture perfect. I will miss all my girlfriends. They are such a blessing in my life. Love these girls!
I can't believe we got a picture of all the kids sitting in one spot long enough for a camera to take a snapshot. I'm even more impressed that not only did they sit long enough...they're actually looking and smiling! What a fun adventure! I love these kids!



No comments:
Post a Comment